Regular dental cleanings play a vital role in achieving optimal oral hygiene. Our experienced dental team is dedicated to providing thorough and gentle cleanings that leave your teeth feeling fresh, polished, and plaque-free. In this section, we will delve into the importance of dental cleanings, the process involved, and the numerous benefits they offer for your overall oral health. Discover how regular dental cleanings can keep your smile shining and your teeth strong for years to come.
What are Dental Cleanings?
Dental cleanings are an essential part of maintaining a healthy smile. Dental cleanings help to remove plaque, tartar, and stains from your teeth. It is a preventive measure aimed at keeping your teeth and gums in optimal condition.
During a dental cleaning, we will use specialized tools to clean hard-to-reach areas of your mouth that regular brushing and flossing may miss. It is recommended to schedule dental cleanings at least twice a year, although the frequency may vary depending on your individual needs. For individuals with specific dental concerns or a history of gum disease, more frequent cleanings may be advised.
Remember, dental cleanings are not a substitute for your daily oral hygiene routine. Brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing regularly, and maintaining a healthy diet are essential habits for preserving your smile between dental visits. Make dental cleanings a priority to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Contact our dental office to schedule your next cleaning and take a proactive step towards a bright and healthy smile.
Do You Really Need Dental Cleanings?
YES! Regular dental cleanings are an essential part of maintaining optimal oral health. In this section, we will explore the benefits of dental cleanings and why they are necessary for a healthy smile.
Prevention of Tooth Decay
Dental cleanings remove plaque and tartar buildup, which are primary contributors to tooth decay. By keeping your teeth clean, you can reduce the risk of cavities and the need for extensive dental treatments in the future.
Dental cleanings eliminate the bacteria and plaque buildup responsible for bad breath (halitosis). By removing these sources of odor, you can enjoy a fresher and more pleasant breath.
Gum Disease Prevention
Plaque and tartar buildup not only affect your teeth but can also harm your gums, leading to gum disease. Dental cleanings help remove bacteria and debris from the gumline, reducing the risk of gum inflammation, infection, and periodontal disease.
Brighter, Whiter Smile
Dental cleanings often involve polishing the surfaces of your teeth, removing surface stains and discoloration caused by factors such as coffee, tea, tobacco, or certain foods. This can enhance the appearance of your smile and boost your self-confidence.
Early Detection of Dental Issues
During dental cleanings, our dental professionals conduct thorough examinations to identify any signs of dental problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, oral infections, or even oral cancer. Detecting these issues early allows for prompt intervention and prevents more extensive and costly treatments down the line.
Dental cleanings provide an opportunity for our dental professionals to offer personalized oral health education. They can provide guidance on proper brushing and flossing techniques, recommend oral care products suitable for your needs, and address any concerns you may have about your oral health.
The Dental Cleaning Process
1. Oral Examination: Before the cleaning begins, our dental professional will conduct a thorough oral examination. This examination helps identify any areas of concern, such as cavities, gum disease, or signs of oral abnormalities. X-rays or other imaging may be taken to gather additional information about your oral health.
2. Plaque and Tartar Removal: Using specialized dental instruments, such as scalers and curettes, our dental hygienist or dentist will carefully remove plaque and tartar buildup from your teeth. This process, known as scaling, focuses on removing deposits from above and below the gumline. Removing plaque and tartar is essential to prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
3. Teeth Polishing: After scaling, your teeth will be polished using a gentle yet effective polishing paste. This polishing step helps remove surface stains, giving your teeth a smoother and brighter appearance. The polishing process also helps in minimizing the accumulation of plaque and bacteria on the tooth surfaces.
4. Flossing and Rinsing: Following the polishing, our dental professional will floss between your teeth to remove any remaining debris or plaque. This step ensures that all areas of your mouth receive a thorough cleaning. You may also be asked to rinse your mouth to remove any residual cleaning agents.
5. Fluoride Treatment (Optional): Depending on your oral health needs, a fluoride treatment may be offered. Fluoride helps strengthen tooth enamel and can be especially beneficial for individuals at higher risk of tooth decay. The fluoride treatment is typically applied as a gel, foam, or varnish and left on the teeth for a short period.
6. Follow-Up Recommendations: After the cleaning, our dental professional will discuss your oral health status and provide recommendations for future care. This may include scheduling your next dental cleaning appointment, addressing any dental treatment needs, or suggesting additional preventive measures based on your individual circumstances.
We Proudly Offer ARESTIN® Treatment
The Arestin treatment is an effective and reliable option that we offer at Imaging Dentistry for the periodontal care of our patients. Under the supervision of expert periodontist Dr. Vahan Grigoryan, Arestin is applied directly into the periodontal pockets during the scaling and root planing (SRP) procedure.
This innovative form of treatment allows us to reach the most challenging areas where the bacteria responsible for periodontal disease hide and cause damage. Arestin contains minocycline, a powerful broad-spectrum antibiotic that effectively eliminates the bacteria causing the infection and promotes gum healing. Its sustained and controlled release over time ensures prolonged action to combat the infection and reduce inflammation, thereby helping to stabilize the teeth and preserve long-term periodontal health.
At Imaging Dentistry, we take pride in offering this advanced and scientifically supported treatment option to improve oral health and promote healthy smiles in our patients. Trust in the expert care of Dr. Vahan Grigoryan and the Imaging Dentistry team to receive quality Arestin treatment and achieve optimal periodontal health.
SRP Deep Cleanings
The deep cleaning procedure, known as scaling and root planing (SRP), is a vital treatment option offered at Imaging Dentistry under the expertise of Dr. Vahan Grigoryan. This comprehensive and non-surgical procedure is designed to effectively remove plaque and tartar buildup that has accumulated above and below the gum line. By meticulously cleaning the tooth surfaces and smoothing out rough spots on the roots, we aim to eliminate the bacteria and toxins responsible for gum disease and prevent its progression. The deep cleaning process not only helps to reduce inflammation and bleeding gums but also improves overall gum health. It plays a crucial role in stabilizing the teeth, preventing further bone loss, and preserving the integrity of the supporting tissues.
At Imaging Dentistry, we are dedicated to providing exceptional periodontal care, and our commitment to performing thorough and precise deep cleaning treatments ensures the best possible outcomes for our patients. Trust Dr. Vahan Grigoryan and our skilled team to deliver top-quality SRP treatment that promotes optimal oral health and supports your journey towards a healthier smile.